This EXPERIMENTAL plugin tries to make it easy to keep your site in a version control system.
There are problems in the anyvc support of python 3. So, use this only in python2 until I figure that out.
REMEMBER, this is a first iteration, it's probably buggy, so be careful, and only use it if you are experienced with your VCS, ok?
How to use it:
- Choose your favourite VCS between git, bzr, subversion, mercurial.
- Initialize the repo in your site (for example:
git init .)
- Install this plugin:
nikola plugin -i vcs
- Check what happened (for example:
- Use your site as usual, creating posts, adding stuff or removing it
- GOTO 4.
- You may want to add
nikola vcsto your deploy commands.
What it should do:
Add a lot of stuff to the repo:
All your posts
- All your pages
- All your galleries' images
- All your listings
- All your static files
- Your themes
- Your plugins
Remove stuff if you removed it
- Commit stuff if you changed it
What it should NOT do:
- Lose your data
- Push it anywhere (yet)
- Manage your output (consider
github_deploywould not like it!)
Please report anything missing, or any ideas on how to improve this, where you want this to go by filing issues.
- anyvc (Python package)
- py (Python package)
You can report issues with this plugin and request help via GitHub Issues.